Read more below to hear how I dealt with this news.
2. Use voice to text as much as possible to make your life easier. If your career involves typing on a computer I highly recommend the Dragon Assistant.
3. Go on a road trip to clear your head and pass the time. [Have a friend drive. It is not a good idea to drive long distances or at all with one hand].
4. Take your tynenol but get away from the painkillers ASAP.
5. Try to maintain your fitness and mobility. If you're an athlete find modifications to your favorite trainings, even if it seems goofy.
6. Use a hairdryer on the cool setting to keep your cast and skin underneath dry. The car AC works well too! Buy a cast protector for the shower rather than messing with garbage bags or bread bags.
7. Do not isolate yourself, if you are a Crossfiter you may cancel your subscription for a few months but drop by and visit if you have friends there.
8. Find a few good books. If you are normally an active person you will suddenly find time to read, take the opportunity to slow down.
9. Thank everyone around you because you will need their help at some point.
10. Write a blog!